Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Who am I


A normal commoner's life ----

I like to eat
Everything that seems to be Yummy,
Never mind my ever increasing Tummy
My decisions are Hasty
When I see something Tasty
I love to sleep – everyday and all the way
Foggy Morning or Shivery Night
Gloomy Darkness or Shining Light
I like playing cricket
Hitting runs or taking Wickets
I don’t want to study
Even if there is an exam or the future seems Hazy
I continue my way, commonly called Lazy
I do not have a peculiar hobby
I do not like to collect Stamps or Money
I admire all that’s FUNNY(that doesn't qualify as a hobby)
Focus ….Career….Focus…is out of my Locus (anyways.WTF is that )
How do I decide about next 10 Years?
I rely on my luck and shed all my Fears

I don't think i'll figure it out till I Die
But
This is the closest answer to "Who Am I ?"

5 comments:

Nikesh Rathi said...

Nice :)

This poem has an illusion of humor, but it is actually quite sentimental stuff I think, for we don't even have slightest inkling of who we are!

junkyard said...

u getting better post by post :)

Unknown said...

This ain't no poem it looks like rap
in this and reality there ain't no gap

Work, hobby, career... who cares dude
whats more important than food food food

When luck is on ur side , have no fear
if u run out of luck,go grab some beer

U continue ur way, ignorant call it lazy!
World is crazzzy coz the word is SLAZY!

grawl said...

I heard it somewhere that laziness is just inertia at work.

Prateek said...

Some more to add

People are going helter skelter
Only for food, clothing and shelter.

Their presence is a torture
Only in the search of a better future.

I believe in living in the present
And I think I am doing pretty decent

Great work Summary of our lives.