Tuesday, May 18, 2010

LUCK

A
I got late to the airport. But the flight got delayed too.
B
I got late to the airport. But the flight was dot on time.

Consistency doesn’t improve luck ....... so enjoy life and try different things

A
I studied 1/8 chapters. All questions were based on that chapter.
B
I studied 7/8 chapters. All questions were based on the 8th chapter.

Hard Work doesn’t improve luck ......... rather it reduces it :) please refer to a few posts below :)

A
I fought with a person my size, but he slipped
B
I fought with a person twice my size, but I slipped

Enthusiasm doesn’t improve luck ............just do what is just enough :)

A
I bunked the class, professor did not take attendance
B
I bunked the class, professor took attendance for 2 classes

Ambition doesn’t improve luck.................obviously it can't

A
I reached office early and left late, my boss came early and left late
I reached office late and left early, my boss came later and left earlier
B
I reached office early and left late, my boss came late and left early
I reached office late and left early, my boss came early and left late

Punctuality doesn’t improve luck.....................














Luck determines whether you are in situation A or B
As its very clear that the output is different even as the inputs remain same
While we worry about the inputs (i.e effort,hardwork,dedication etc) the results depend on factors far from our control.

So relax and enjoy.... the results are anyways decided by factors above the RED line:)


10 comments:

Nikesh Rathi said...

I think luck comes into play at a much basic level ... Starting right from what pair of 23rd chromosome (XY or XX ... there are other combinations also!)have you got, which is a random process, and then it is there in every walk of life.

Unknown said...

did not get the boss one.. rest are good... if this blog was written earlier...producers of movie LUCK would have used. Much better dialogues than the movie :-P

Basketer said...

Awesome :D

The simplicity in your ideas would make people (those who have read it, not me) wonder why they read the bestsellers like 7 habits of highly effective people, You can win etc.etc.

One more extreme example could be:

A. A lazy sleeping type soldier A sat down to get something to eat out of his bag,or just coz he was tired

B. A hard working, sincere, caring-for-fellow-soldier B, got up from behind this soldier A(may be so that his boss sees him and promotes him) to cover for Soldier A and got shot in the head :P

J.A.Z.Z said...

AMAZING.....

Realising My Dreams said...

Marathe - Have a copyright on all of these ideas & blog so that when years down the line we'll publish a book of quotations we dont get into any legal hassles from someone else stealing these ones.

Unknown said...

again a grtt blog..veryy true..so simple but too complicated to adapt it in our daily life..

Unknown said...

Luckily I happened to go through this article and so posting a comment here...Well written article through simple n clear thought process...Way to go marathe...:-)

MATMANIAC said...

@All thank you for your comments :)
am LUCKY to have readers like u :)

Konark said...

Nice 1 .... More importantly dono google Ads pe click kar diya tha :P

Ruchi Joshi said...

naiccee..!!!