Saturday, March 5, 2011

Not to top any exam :| :|

I had come first in second standard.
Now even after 22 years I really still fail to understand how that had happened.
But everyone was so happy, I got a big toy gun too. I was thrilled at the attention I got.

Reality was different -------
Actually I had created a monster, a monster called ‘expectations’.

I only realized it an year later, now only in 3rd standard I was ‘expected’ to come first again, I failed.
I mean not failed literally but failed to come first. Though I did not get scolded or beaten but everyone was disappointed.

Anyone else would have tried to fight back and top again in 4th standard, not me though.

I proved too smart for my age, i understood that it was a viscious circle and could only be stopped by killing the monster. If I topped 4th then 5th would be no better, damn topping would ruin my entire life during education.

So Smartness triumphed over Thrill, Killer Instinct and Hardwork

Since that day I made ‘not to top any exam’ a part of my ethics :)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty Realistic and funny too...Good one..:-)

junkyard said...

"Anyone else would have tried to fight back and top again in 4th standard, not me though." Kudos to the genius. :D

Konark said...

Commenting just to comment

Mayur Choubey said...

I knw all dis from day 1 of my school life... dats y... hahahahha

Rohit Jain said...

ok.. so u chose not to come first :P
i can say the same thing as well.. wow :D

Moksha said...

hahaha! master again starts off... :D :D

A said...

yehi post agar 22yrs pehle likha hota aur logo ko impress kiya hota ..to tune top bhi easily kiya hota...:D

delhi-crazy said...

i came first in my 3rd grade. I agree - loved the attention i got lol hhahah never happened after that though, i still wonder how i did that back then.

Like.No.Other said...

thank god ... i never topped except drawing competitions in school ... lolzz !!!

Anubhav said...

:) .. nice one .. but need to point out here, not everyone could have thought at 4th class the way you thought!!! -- Anubhav

Vaib-Sight said...

hahahha...too gud